རི Ri Guides Wild Ladakh is a true off-the-beaten-trek experience that can be tailored to you:
- explore nomadic regions of the Changthang plateau
- climb Dzo Jongo 6270m or Kang Yatse II 6170m (optional: extra climbing days will be added to the itinerary)
- trek parts of the Majestic Markha Valley trek and the Kharnak Nomads area.
You will also experience the unique and ancient Changthang Nomadic way of life.
In a small, personal group, you will experience spectacular views of the Himalayan Mountains, landscapes of Himalayan highlands and traditional village and nomadic life. You will also see glaciers, rock cliffs, gorges, powerful rivers and ancient forts and castles.
With རི Ri Guides professional guiding service, the Wild Ladakh Trip experience will be an eye-opening and incredible adventure.
Duration: 20 days (16 walking days)
Best months: July - September.
Dates 2019: Sept 12 - Oct 1. Please contact us if you have a date.
Day 01: Arrive in Leh
Day 02: Guided tour in Leh
Day 03: Guided tour in Leh
Day 04: Drive to Matho village and trek Chumik camp
Day 05: Trek to Gangpoche
Day 06: Trek to Matho La base via Matho La
Day 07: Trek to Stok La Base (cross Stok La at 4,860m)
Day 08: Trek to Ganda La Base or to High Camp
Day 09: Trek Lower Shingo camp(cross Ganda La 4,970m)
Day 10: Trek to Hamurja Chumik Camp
Day 11: Trek to Thachungtse
Day 12: Trek to Nyimaling
Day 13: Trek Manichen or Zalung Karpo La high camp (cross Kongka Ngonpo La at 5,180m)
Day 14: Trek Tsokra (cross Zalung Karpo La at 5,200m)
Day 15: Trek to Nomadic Lhatoo camp
Day 16: Explore
Day 17: Trek to Lungmoche (cross Yar La at 4,960m)
Day 18: Trek Zabuk Barma
Day 19: Trek Narbus (cross Narbus La 4,860m) and drive to Leh
Day 20: Trip finishes.
Please contact us for our complete information pack.
- Experienced and professionally certified local guide
- Guide for the monasteries, Ladakhi culture and history tour
- Safety and health precautions:
- InReach satellite messaging system (when allowed)
- Oxygen saturation monitoring system
- Oxygen cylinder
- Full medical kit
- Transportation by private vehicle
- All accommodation in Leh with breakfast
- Camping accommodation during trekking
- All camping equipment including personal (twin share) tents, mess tent, dining tent and toilet tent
- All meals and drinks during trekking
- High quality food serviced with seasonal, fresh produce, good coffee, chai and Kashmiri and herbal teas, by an experienced cook and attendants during the trek
- Boiled drinking water
- Warm washing water
- Service of horse/mule drivers and horses or mules
- All monastery entrance fees, entry fee into Hemis National Park and camping fees
- Pick up from Leh Airport and return to Leh Airport.
- All flights – please ask us if you need help with arranging your domestic flights
- Indian visa
- Meals other than breakfast in Leh (while on trek, all meals are included)
- Rental equipment
- Alcohol and bottled drinks
- Gompa (monastery) donations
- Travel, Medical and evacuation insurance
- Personal climbing and trekking gear
- Lunch and dinner in Leh (breakfast is included with accommodation)
- Laundry services
- Other services not mentioned in the package
- Tipping and other services and items of a personal nature.
Price: US$ 2120 p/p (minimum 2 pax)
Optional: Kang Yatse II climb + Wild Ladakh trek: US $2340 p/p
Optional: Dzo Jongo climb + Wild Ladakh trek: US$ 2340 p/p
Hotel Single Supplement: Additional $100.
Tips and Extra Cash: Allow approximately $200 - $300 for meals (while not on trek), drinks (on trek) and cash for tips.